Pittsfield High School Class of 1957
Home News Contact Classmates In Memory of Class Museum Looking Back Look at us Now We got together 1957 in Review


Yearbook



Reunions



Message Board



Photo Galleries



Guestbook



Offsite Links




Pittsfield High School Class of 1957 - Then and Now
Pictures in Gallery: 124
Often, on Sundays, the Berkshire Eagle runs two pictures, one showing a scene in Pittsfield at sometime in the past and one showing the same scene now. We'll try to show an updated 'Now' picture as we get one.

[ View Slideshow ] - Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  


The Clapp Memorial Chapel in Pittsfield Cemetery, shown above in 1911, was built in 1900 as a gift to the cemetery by Mrs. Edwin Clapp, in memory of her father, Calvin Martin, first president of th...
Posted By: Administrator
01-30-2011
Views: 650


The Clapp Memorial Chapel still functions as a chapel in January 2011
Posted By: Administrator
01-30-2011
Views: 582


The Thomas Allen Memorial, shown above in the early 20th century, is a 42-foot obelisk of polished red marble erected in 1885 in the High Grove secton of Pittsfield Cemetery. Quarried in Missouri w...
Posted By: Administrator
01-09-2011
Views: 577


Here is the Thomas Allen Memorial as it is today, Jan. 2011. Even reduced, it is still thought today to be the largest piece of polished red marble in the world.
Posted By: Administrator
01-09-2011
Views: 574


Park Square, pictured above in 1856, used to be the home of ‘ Old Elm,’ the tall tree that was a symbol of Pittsfield’s moniker, ‘ The Elm City.’ ‘ Old Elm’ would eventually be struck...
Posted By: Administrator
09-28-2010
Views: 566


Park Square today (Sept. '10) is at the center of bustling Bank Row. Park Square, pictured above in 1856, used to be the home of ‘ Old Elm,’ the tall tree that was a symbol of Pittsfield’...
Posted By: Administrator
09-28-2010
Views: 561


A.H. Rice silk mill at 55 Spring St. in Pittsfield, shown above in 1938, was built in 1880 and used for the maufacture of silk thread, last operated as a factory nearly five years ago. The previous...
Posted By: Administrator
09-28-2010
Views: 563


A.H. Rice silk mill in 2010. Jon Rudzinski of Rees-Larkin Development in Boston, who proposes to turn it into 45 units of affordable housing, expects to break ground in the spring, nearly two years...
Posted By: Administrator
09-28-2010
Views: 570


If the First Church of Christ, Congregational, left, and St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, right, flanking Pittsfield’s former Town Hall on Park Square in the 1850s, look closer than they do toda...
Posted By: Administrator
08-01-2010
Views: 554


The space between the Episcopal Church and the Old City Hall is called Allen Street today, August 2010. Notice the barrier built not allowing entrance to Allen Street from traffic heading east past...
Posted By: Administrator
08-01-2010
Views: 560


Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, at 358 Fenn St. in Pittsfield, shown above in 1949, was dedicated on Oct. 26, 1924, after eight years of construction. Designed by architect George E. Haynes and se...
Posted By: Administrator
08-01-2010
Views: 574


This is was used to be called Our Lady of Mount Carmel church on August 1, 2010. The property was acquired in mid-2010 for $877,000 by the Brien Center, a nonprofit mental health provider, that pl...
Posted By: Administrator
08-01-2010
Views: 564

[ View Slideshow ] - Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  



To obtain a site like this for your class visit www.ourclassonline.com.   [Administration]  
Copyright Web Portal People, LLC. 2018 - Maker of class reunion & family websites. All rights reserved.