Pittsfield High School Class of 1957
Home News Contact Classmates In Memory of Class Museum Looking Back Look at us Now We got together 1957 in Review


Yearbook



Reunions



Message Board



Photo Galleries



Guestbook



Offsite Links




Pittsfield High School Class of 1957 - Then and Now
Pictures in Gallery: 124
Often, on Sundays, the Berkshire Eagle runs two pictures, one showing a scene in Pittsfield at sometime in the past and one showing the same scene now. We'll try to show an updated 'Now' picture as we get one.

[ View Slideshow ] - Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  


Arrowhead, located on Holmes Road near the Lenox border, shown above in the 1920s, was the Pittsfield home of author Herman Melville from 1850 to 1862, and where he wrote his most famous novel, 'Mo...
Posted By: Administrator
08-31-2009
Views: 721


Arrowhead was acquired by the Berkshire County Historical Society for $100,000 in 1975 as its headquarters and restored for $125,000 to its present appearance, above in 2009.
Posted By: Administrator
08-31-2009
Views: 676


The Allen House on East Street, shown above in 1984, was built in 1895 in a Queen Anne style by William Russell Allen. The house became a maternity hospital and then a nurses' residence for the for...
Posted By: John Reagan
08-25-2009
Views: 678


Here is an article from the Eagle dated Thursday, Sept. 24, 2009: PITCHING IN TO PRESERVE HISTORY By Scott Stafford, Berkshire Eagle Staff PITTSFIELD -- The Berkshire Bank Foundation and th...
Posted By: John Reagan
08-25-2009
Views: 653


Originally known as the Berkshire County Home for Aged Women, Berkshire Place, now a retirement home for women at 89 South Street in Pittsfield, is shown above in the early 20th Century, 1911. It w...
Posted By: Administrator
08-18-2009
Views: 685


Berkshire Place was modified in 1925 by squaring off its third floor and adding an infirmary to it in 1962-1963. This is the building in 2010. Berkshire Place is still in its original use today.
Posted By: Administrator
08-18-2009
Views: 686


The former Union Federal Savings Bank on North Street in Pittsfield was called the Union Cooperative Federal Savings when the photo above was taken in 1939. The bank, which started as the Union Coo...
Posted By: Administrator
08-12-2009
Views: 685


The four-story site today (2009) is being converted by developer David Kunce into a mixed-use complex with a restaurant and gelato shop on the street floor and apartments upstairs.
Posted By: Administrator
08-12-2009
Views: 671


The Pittsfield Central Fire Station, shown above in the early 20th century, was built in 1895 and allowed the city to house horses within the building, near fire-fighting equipment, rather than at ...
Posted By: John Reagan
08-12-2009
Views: 692


Central Fire Station was vacated in 1976 when the new fire station opened on Columbus Avenue. Berkshire Bank now uses the structure as an annex for its commercial loan and insurance departments. It...
Posted By: John Reagan
08-12-2009
Views: 676


All Souls' Church in Lakewood 1948. -----In the mid-1940s, Pittsfield had a high population of residents of Italian descent. Mount Carmel Church, the 'Italian' church on Fenn Street became over-cro...
Posted By: Courtesy of Hank Allessio
08-12-2009
Views: 753


All Souls' Church today. The corrogated metal 'Quonset' hut, so named after the area in Rhode Island where the buildings were first erected during WWII, was used for many years until it was replace...
Posted By: Administrator
08-12-2009
Views: 709

[ View Slideshow ] - Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  



To obtain a site like this for your class visit www.ourclassonline.com.   [Administration]  
Copyright Web Portal People, LLC. 2018 - Maker of class reunion & family websites. All rights reserved.