Pittsfield High School Class of 1957
Home News Contact Classmates In Memory of Class Museum Looking Back Look at us Now We got together 1957 in Review


Yearbook



Reunions



Message Board



Photo Galleries



Guestbook



Offsite Links




Pittsfield High School Class of 1957 - Then and Now
Pictures in Gallery: 124
Often, on Sundays, the Berkshire Eagle runs two pictures, one showing a scene in Pittsfield at sometime in the past and one showing the same scene now. We'll try to show an updated 'Now' picture as we get one.

[ View Slideshow ] - Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  


091025 Notebooks, texts and pencils covered a table, above, surrounded by school kids in 1961 (it looked the same in '53 - '57) in the reference department of the old Berkshire Athenaeum on Burbank...
Posted By: Administrator
10-27-2009
Views: 630


091025 Most research today is done by computer, above as a reference librarian helps conduct an online search at the library.
Posted By: John Reagan
10-27-2009
Views: 585


Strong winds caused damage to trees and proper throughout the Berkshires on Oct 7 and 8 of 2009, but no where near the damage this 1950 storm wroght on Pittsfield and environs. Uprood trees, above,...
Posted By: Administrator
10-19-2009
Views: 656


In Oct. 2009, the trees are long gone, but the houses still stand today. Siding is different and enclosed porches have been added.
Posted By: Administrator
10-19-2009
Views: 621


Kaufman Brothers Inc. started out in 1922 as a wholesale candy business and was occupying these buildings at 70-74 Columbus Ave. in Pittsfield during the 1940s. Kaufman Brothers provided retailers ...
Posted By: Thanks to John Reagan
10-08-2009
Views: 628


The Kaufman brothers sold the building to Bland Electric in 1957. The structures were razed during urban renewal and replace in 1975 by Pittsfield's Central Fire Station, which still stands on the ...
Posted By: Thanks to John Reagan
10-08-2009
Views: 631


The Stanley Club at 66 Wendell Ave. in Pittsfield, shown above in 1953, had just moved from the main house on the property to this barn, damaged by fire in 1948 and rebuilt for club activities. Org...
Posted By: Administrator
09-26-2009
Views: 619


The Stanley Club opened to the public in 1974, but its membership dwindled as GE's presence in the city diminished. The club folded and the building was sold in 1989. It is now the headquarters of ...
Posted By: Administrator
09-26-2009
Views: 618


The Pontoosuc Lake boathouse of the Pittsfield Family YMCA was built in the early 1900s as part of the Y's summer Camp Merrill program for adults. Shown above, in 1960, it was used for swimming as ...
Posted By: Paul Venti
09-18-2009
Views: 622


The building continued in use as a boathouse for many years, but is vacant [and deteriorating] and no longer in use today (2010).
Posted By: Administrator
09-18-2009
Views: 627


This Italianate Victorian mansion at 42 Wendell Avenue in Pittsfield, shown above in the 1930s, was the home of Allen H. Bagg, who served two terms as mayor of Pittsfield, 1905-1907 and 1934-1937.
Posted By: Administrator
09-18-2009
Views: 607


Simon England bought the house in 1937 and presented it to the Women's Club in memory of his wife, Frances, a supporter of women's programs in the city. It is still the club's headquarters today, a...
Posted By: Administrator
09-18-2009
Views: 632

[ View Slideshow ] - Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  



To obtain a site like this for your class visit www.ourclassonline.com.   [Administration]  
Copyright Web Portal People, LLC. 2018 - Maker of class reunion & family websites. All rights reserved.